Get the most from sending your child on a English language holiday
The traditional way to improve your English
Traditionally Students are sent in groups to a foreign country. Sie bleiben in den Schlafsälen als eine Gruppe, wo es etwas von zwanzig bis ein paar hundert Studenten sein kann. The daily schedule is normally English Classes in the morning and some sporting activities in the afternoon. The typical duration is 2 Wochen Die Erfahrung ist ein großer Spaß für Kinder / Jugendliche, jedoch, gibt es eine begrenzte Nutzen ihr Englisch zu verbessern.
The challenge with this approach is that students are surrounded by children of the same nationality for the duration of the stay..
Die Auswirkung davon ist, wie folgt:
- Sie werden zu sprechen ihre Muttersprache zurückfallen, da es einfacher ist, auf diese Weise zu unterhalten
- Sie haben keine Möglichkeit, zu üben, was sie in dem Englischunterricht lernen
- Keine Gelegenheit Englisch Konversation mit Menschen zu üben, das Englisch als Muttersprache sprechen
The end result is that opportunity to improve English from being in another country will is not capitalised on. In Ergänzung, sie bekommen nicht zu erfahren, was das normale Leben oder Kultur wie im Land ist sie besuchen.
The new way to improve your child's English
The more recent approach to Language travel and improving a child's English or second language is through total language immersion. The approach of total language immersion has been fine-tuned and adopted by hebe Adventures. It is a completely different approach to what is outlined above.
What we have found is that international students in many cases have been studying English from a young age. There general level of English is very good and in essence, what is required is an environment where they have to practice speaking English.
Total Language Immersion puts the student in an environment where they live life as a local, living with a host family and attending camps/ schools/ work that is mainly attended by local children/ teenagers.
Private English lessons can also be provided if required and the learnings from these lessons can be applied immediately with their host family or in the summer camps.
With this approach they get 3 key benefits over the traditional approach:
- Because they living with a local host family that are not fluent in the students' first language it is an environment where they have to speak English
- The camps they attend are for local children, therefore, they have to practice their English while they are attending camp.
- Living with a host family and being part of the family, immerses the student in family life, outing, sports etc. They get to experience the culture of the country and what daily life is like.
Overall it is a much more complete and rewarding experience and very advantageous from improving their conversational English. They also make new often life long friends in another country.